Community Engagement Award - GE Awards 2019
This award will recognise a project with a strong geotechnical focus that has gone beyond the expected standard to engage with the community where the scheme is being delivered. Entrants must be able to demonstrate the steps taken and initiative to deliver community-based benefits or local stakeholder engagement through the work.
The award will also recognise the lasting benefit created in the local community and legacy of the project resulting from a high level of community engagement which goes beyond delivering the engineering aspects of the scheme.
- Demonstrate clear understanding of local concerns surrounding the development and show steps taken to manage these issues
- Present initiatives undertaken to strategically or sensitively integrate with the local community during the work
- Show how challenging situations were effectively managed in order to maintain good local relationships
- Potential for initiatives to be used to benefit future project delivery
- Demonstrate how the legacy of the scheme will benefit the community beyond delivery of the project, such as STEM activities, jobs, training or new community facilities