Community Engagement Award - GE Awards 2021
This award will recognise a project with a strong geotechnical focus that has gone beyond the expected standard to engage with the community where the scheme is being delivered. Entrants must be able to demonstrate the steps taken and initiative to deliver community-based benefits or local stakeholder engagement through the work, between January 2020 and July 2021.
The award will also recognise the lasting benefit created in the local community and legacy of the project resulting from a high level of community engagement which goes beyond delivering the engineering aspects of the scheme.
We recognise that the Covid-19 pandemic might have had an adverse effect on some companies, initiatives and projects. We still strongly encourage companies and teams to enter this year’s GE Awards, as their pandemic response strategy will also be considered in the judging.
- Demonstrate clear understanding of local concerns surrounding the development and show steps taken to manage these issues
- Present initiatives undertaken to strategically or sensitively integrate with the local community during the work
- Show how challenging situations were effectively managed in order to maintain good local relationships
- Potential for initiatives to be used to benefit future project delivery
- Demonstrate how the legacy of the scheme will benefit the community beyond delivery of the project, such as STEM activities, jobs, training or new community facilities
Each entry should be supported by a maximum of two images and one diagram. Images should be in landscape, more than 1MB in size, in jpeg/png format and should not be edited to include details of the category or the name/logo of the company entering (or any other annotations). Additional text (other than diagram annotation) included in supporting documents will not be used by the judging panel. The images might be used in marketing material and featured in Ground Engineering.