Community Engagement Award - GE Awards 2020
This award will recognise a project with a strong geotechnical focus that has gone beyond the expected standard to engage with the community where the scheme is being delivered. Entrants must be able to demonstrate the steps taken and initiative to deliver community-based benefits or local stakeholder engagement through the work, in the last 12 months.
The award will also recognise the lasting benefit created in the local community and legacy of the project resulting from a high level of community engagement which goes beyond delivering the engineering aspects of the scheme.
- Demonstrate clear understanding of local concerns surrounding the development and show steps taken to manage these issues
- Present initiatives undertaken to strategically or sensitively integrate with the local community during the work
- Show how challenging situations were effectively managed in order to maintain good local relationships
- Potential for initiatives to be used to benefit future project delivery
- Demonstrate how the legacy of the scheme will benefit the community beyond delivery of the project, such as STEM activities, jobs, training or new community facilities
Each entry should be supported by a maximum of two images and one diagram. Images should be at least 1MB in size and should not be edited to include details of the category or the name/logo of the company entering. Additional text (other than diagram annotation) included in supporting documents will not be used by the judging panel. Additional PDF presentations should not be included and may result in an entry being invalid.