Award for Technical Excellence - GE Awards 2019
This award recognises a hi-tech advancement or concept that has helped a company improve its performance or delivery of a specific challenging element of a project. This category is not aimed at projects that have achieved overall excellence – such projects should be entered into one of the five project categories.
The entrant may have achieved technical excellence through producing a new approach to analysis or design, advanced techniques or procedures during design or delivery and/or working with its customers to improve delivery of a specific part of a project through technical refinement.
An entry should be for single technical advance or development applied to a specific part of a project. Development applied to a number of projects may be better placed in the Digital Innovation or Equipment Innovation categories.
The geotechnical work on the project presented must be completed at the time of the submission.
- Delivery of real innovation to reduce costs, increase efficiency or improve safety
- Demonstrate how the initiative is a step change in current practice and goes beyond current good practice
- Collaboration with client and other project partners to develop solution
- Potential to benefit future project/application delivery
- Enabling previously challenging project/concept to be delivered at lower risk
Each entry should be supported by a maximum of two images and one diagram. Images should be at least 1MB in size and should not be edited to include details of the category or the name/logo of the company entering. Additional text (other than diagram annotation) included in supporting documents will not be used by the judging panel.